My photo
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, March 27, 2009

My Thoughts On Buying Jerseys

It's Friday and I can't really get into my work so here are my thoughts on buying team jerseys.

I have recently developed an addiction for owning team jerseys but most of the jerseys I own are blanks (i.e. have no number or name on the back). Not only are blank jerseys less expensive up front than their named counterparts, they also provide a longer wear as well. With blank jerseys, one does not have to worry if their favourite player gets traded or retires. Wearing the name of a retired player on one's back just makes them look outdated and cheap, unless that player happens to be one of the games greats or had a major impact on the game or team.

So with this in mind I thought long and hard before buying the new third jersey for the Bandits. This jersey needs a name and number on the back to make it complete; it just doesn't look right left blank. I was at odds with which player I should get stitched on the back when I realized the loophole that existed. John Tavares is one of, if not the greatest lacrosse players ever and he conveniently plays for the Bandits. Although Steenhuis is more suited to the bright orange jersey, due to longevity and his great skills, Tavares' name now adorns the back of my jersey resting above his number 11. After all, it will save me from looking cheap or buying a new jersey in a few years when/if Tavares retires.

No comments: