My photo
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Minto Cup Day 6 Preview

Five days have passed in the Minto Cup tournament and that means five games have been played. The Burnaby Lakers have won all three of their games, two of them quite handily, and will get a bye into the championship game Saturday at 4:00 PM Pacific time. Six Nations finished their round robin play at 1-2, are still in the playoff picture, and are awaiting the results from tonight's game.

Tonight's game features the 1-1 New Westminster Salmonbellies against the 0-2 Edmonton Miners. If New Westminster wins tonight, they will go to 2-1 while Edmonton will fall to 0-3. This will mean the Ontario champion Six Nations Arrows make it to the semi-final game against New Westminster (who beat Six Nations 10-7 in round robin play). If Edmonton wins, then the three teams will be in a tie and I don't know who would go on. I assume it goes to either head-to-head competition or goals for and against but tournament organizers can be very creative when breaking ties. If anyone knows how ties are broken in this tournament please let me know.

I would also like to thank Barb at the Lacrosse Blog for showing me where I could find up to date scores; muchly appreciated.

No comments: