My photo
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bad luck traveller

After an unwanted hiatus from the lacrosse arena's I was able to get to the Bunker in Brampton to see the MSL seim-final series game last night. Similar to the last visit to the Powerade Centre, I was rooting against the home team and for the second time in a row, the visiting team failed to show up (this time almost literally).

After a late arrival into Brampton, the St Regis Indians had less than fifteen minutes to warm up. A far cry from the usual double warmups they get. When the game began it was apparent the short warmup was not enough to shake out the bus legs. Thanks to some decent saves by the Indians netminder and some even better saves by the posts behind him, the game was kept close in the first period. In the second, the Excelsiors pounced and took an 8-2 lead into the second intermission. I had to leave before it was over since my son was rather tired (it was a couple hours past his bedtime) but it didn't get much better for the visitors. 13-3 was the final score.

The previous game I ended up at the Powerade Centre for, the Peterborough Lakers' offense failed to show up and dropped their second to last regular season game 7-6. I was hoping for a Peterborough win only because that would have put a St Regis / Brooklin first round matchup a little closer to happening. That would have meant I could have seen Tavares without the hour drive. The only other game I travelled for this year was the Green Gaels ugly 4-1 loss in Newmarket.

I am beginning to think that I bring bad luck to these teams. Good thing the season is almost over then. Maybe I should just start rooting for the Excelsiors when I go there...

No comments: