My photo
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Disappointment and Disgust

That is how I feel after the divisional series in the MLB playoffs. I am disappointed that the ridiculously named Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim were unable to overcome past ghosts and defeat the Boston Red Sox. In the past few playoff meetings against the Sox, the Angles have not faired so well and had a post season losing streak against the Sox extend into double digits before the Game 3 victory. Right from the start I was worried about this series and it seems my worries were well founded. With the team the Angels had they should have done better.

The Angels disappointment is being overshadowed by the disgusting performance of the heavily favoured Chicago Cubs. The best team in the NL in the regular season had all in baseball expecting a lengthy playoff run for the North side Cubs but once again they played the minimum three games. I guess they are hoping to get some golfing in before the wind brings the cold, white powdery stuff to town. Losing to a Dodger team that spent most of the season just trying to stay at the .500 mark is nothing short of embarrassing.

As I watch the rest of the playoffs without the Cubs in it, I will be pondering which team is worthy of my loyalty. I shall see what steps are taken in the off season before jumping ship but right now the water is looking better than being on the Cubs boat. I guess the only thing worse is being a Mets fan. For the rest of this playoff I will be rooting for the worst to first Rays. Please knock the Sox out of the playoffs.

No comments: