My photo
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, March 7, 2008

Impossible Task

The sports networks, who commit 100% of their time to sports, have trouble covering all sports and events. I thought the lack of variety was due to a lack of interest, and in the end that is probably a big influence, but I have recently discovered there may be a different reason for this focus on the major sports. While trying to update my upcoming events listing with events from all sports, I discovered there are just too many sports and sports leagues to cover. There are sports out there that I forgot about (like badminton, squash and cricket) and even some sports I have never heard of before (like sledge hockey, what the heck is that?). Despite this minor setback I will continue my quest to be informed of all sports, from the grass roots right to the pro leagues, and will continue to update my links and events listing as I find them.

No comments: