My photo
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What a Let Down

Last night I was busy with setting up my wife's new phone and adding phone numbers to my own but I had the Blue Jays vs Yankees game on in the background. I was aware that the game was close; however, I did not pay attention to the innings as they went by. I finally finished with the phones and turned my full attention to the ball game at just the right time.

The Jays were on top 2-1 in the bottom of the ninth inning but the Yankees were threatening. With one out, runners on the corners and Mr Yankee (Derek Jeter) at the plate, I was in for a great finish. Instead of throwing strikes and making the Yankees batters hit the ball, Jeremy Accardo proceeded to throw a first pitch ball to Jeter. With the pressure mounting and the fans energized in anticipation of an explosive finish, Accardo commits an inexcusable mental error. He committed a balk that allowed the tying run to cross the plate. With that disgraceful act, I turned the tv off and went to bed. The Jays ended up surrendering the winning run to the Yankees in the tenth inning.

No comments: